We provide a range of confidential and independent services to parent carers as well as young people themselves who;
• Have a special educational need or disability (SEND)
• are aged 0 – 25 years old
• live in Essex
Our services are easy to access, and you do not need a formal diagnosis or GP referral.
We offer practical support through:
- A specialist one-stop information, advice and helpline service
- Support and advice on educational issues; including Assessments, Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs), Exclusions, Tribunals and Appeals.
- Help to explain reports written by professionals
- Parent support at school meetings, including Annual Reviews
- Support with claiming Disability benefits
- Weekly activity clubs in Chelmsford and Colchester for SEND children and their families
- Parent Drop-ins, with access to a Family Support Adviser, and advice and support at parent/carer coffee mornings
across the County.
Many of our services and support are free. However, as a small charity with limited funding there will be a small fee applied to more in-depth support, such as:
- Preparing and submitting a request for an education and health care needs assessment, and a follow up appeal if needed.
- Preparing and submitting an appeal.
- Attending the SEND tribunal.
- DLA and PIP appointments (face to face and online, individually and in groups)
- Attending a tribunal hearing.
All fees are determined with families, and depend on individual circumstances. If you would like more information, please contact Pat (email@example.com) and she will explain how fees may be applied.